Rector: Rev Christine Holzapfel
We give a warm welcome at All Saints' Church, which serves the local population in the north of Bromsgrove. We hope to:
- Build a friendly and worshipping community of all ages;
- Expand our outreach locally and internationally;
- Increase the range of activities in our versatile church building;
- Use the many opportunities for social events possible in the church hall;
- Develop the training and leadership of the laity.
We have good links with the District Council and with local schools, particularly Lickey End and Meadows First Schools, as well as Churches Together in Bromsgrove.
On Thursdays throughout the summer we open the church for visitors from 10.30-4.30 and provide hot drinks. We are a Fairtrade Church and also support local food banks.
All Saints’ Church is a large and attractive Victorian building, towards the north of the town, with movable seating for about 250 people. This offers a flexible space for worship and other activities, including exhibitions and concerts. It has a fine, distinguished Tamburini organ as well as an Allen organ. We have a pleasant and spacious church hall, well used by the local community as well as for church events.
Revd. Christine Holzapfel
Our worship includes 8.a.m. said Communion on the first and third Sundays of the month. For the main service at 10:15 we have a Sung Communion, Morning Worship or a Family Service, attended by about 40 people and led by our choir. On the fifth Sunday we have a joint Sung Communion service with other churches in the parish. From March to November except August there is Sung Evensong at 6.30 pm on the fourth Sunday of the month. On Wednesday afternoons during school term-time at 3.45 pm there is Small Saints, a service with refreshments, stories, and activities for children 0-9 years and their parents or guardians.
Date for your diary
Join us over Easter for a selection of services, including (more information in the News Article below - Easter Services 2017):
- Sunday 9th April: Palm Sunday service at 10:15am
- Thursday 13th April: Maundy Thursday Team Service at 7:30pm
- Friday 14th April: Good Friday Crafty Church at 10am, Meditation at 2pm and Tenebrae Service (at St Godwalds) at 7:30pm
- Sunday 16th April: Easter Sunday Said Communion at 8am and Easter Sung Communion at 10:15am
Everyone is welcome.
Rector: Revd Christine Holzapfel 01527 579561; 077498 98698. Curate: Revd Carey Saleh 01527 879487
Churchwardens: Sue Ward 0121 453 3180 and Sue Bryant 01527 835728.
To arrange baptisms, weddings and the readings of banns, please visit the church vestry between 6.30pm and 8.00pm on the first Thursday of every month. Enquiries to 07581 784810.
For funeral enquiries, please speak to a funeral director in the first place.
Organist: Julian Manchee, B. Mus., telephone 01299 826797.